Friday, May 20, 2011

18/52 - Essay writing at the lake!

First of all, details about this photo. Click here for an explanation of the lack of action in my Flickr and blog over the last few months...

Today I was sitting inside, writing an essay about censorship of art, and I couldn't help but think that it was too nice outside to be stuck inside... so I got out there!!



My absence, my 52 project, what comes next?
So it is no secret that I haven't uploaded any photos or blog posts in quite a while. There isn't really an excuse or reason for it, I just haven't done it.

Initially, when I was a few uploads behind in my 52 project, I had photos in mind which I had taken, but hadn't uploaded yet. But eventually I fell so far behind that the task of catching up became really daunting, especially with uni going back and the workload being pretty crazy (which is to be expected, since it is my last year of my degree!). So I just let myself fall further and further behind.

But when I began to think about it, I missed my 52 project. I missed thinking about what my photo for the week would/could be, and most of all I missed my camera - which has been feeling rather neglected lately, with only a few uses here and there.

I also felt like I wasn't making the most of my Flickr Pro Membership, which made me rather sad.

So here I am, thinking that I will just pick up where I left off. I will still (eventually) get around to uploading the photos I have taken in the time that has passed since my last upload, but for now lets focus on getting my 52 project back up and running.
I know I am cheating a little bit, but since I will still have 52 weeks worth of photos at the end, I figure I am only cheating slightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment